ITV's X Factor 2013 bows out with 11.9m
The final for ITV's tenth series of 'The X Factor' enjoyed a five-minute high of 11.9 million viewers on Sunday, but the juggernaut struggled, relatively, attracting its lowest audience since 2005.
Sam Bailey: wins The X Factor
According to unofficial overnight figures, the show, won by 36-year-old Sam Bailey, averaged 9.6 million, a 37% share of total viewing between 7.30pm and 9.30pm last night.
The audience figures continue a year-on year slide of ITV's talent show, created by Simon Cowell's Syco Television and produced by Syco Television and FremantleMedia.
This year's average audience was the show's lowest since 9.2 million tuned in for the 2005 final. It followed the first leg of 'The X Factor' final on Saturday night, which saw Luke Friend knocked out, watched by an average of 8.4 million viewers, the lowest since its launch in 2004.
However, the show remains one of ITV's most successful formats, and is welcomed by advertisers in the run-up to the important Christmas trading period.
This year's final included appearances from One Direction, Sir Elton John and Katy Perry.
Last year, an average of 11.1 million viewers watched James Arthur win 'The X Factor', and in 2011, the average figure was 13.1 million.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Account Manager - Communication/ Branding to £35k Network Career Consultants £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Global Insight Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 plus Car/ Car Allowance, London