David Emin to leave Trinity Mirror
David Emin, the former ad director at the Mirror newspapers, has resigned from his position as the managing director of Trinity Mirror's ad sales arm, the National Advertising Sales Agency (NASA).
David Emin: leaves Trinity Mirror
Trinity Mirror said in a statement that it was now looking to hire someone with "extensive digital experience to significantly accelerate NASA's advertising growth plans across all platforms".
Andy Whelan, the advertising director, will take on the role of acting managing director of NASA, until a successor is appointed, reporting to Mark Hollinshead, the chief operating officer of Trinity Mirror.
Emin, who joined Trinity Mirror in 2006, set up NASA as the joint national sales team for both national and regional newspapers and their corresponding digital products, in March 2013.
Hollinshead, said: "I would like to thank David for his tremendous contribution to the business over the years, and especially the energy he brought to launching NASA. I wish David well for the future.
"However, we now have an opportunity to put in place a digitally focused leader who, alongside the current senior NASA team, will aggressively drive our advertising growth plans across all our platforms.
"Our strategy is to become one of the UK's leading multi-platform publishers and this position is integral to those ambitions."Follow @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Digital Marketing Manager - Ardington Ltd Ball & Hoolahan £Competitive Salary Package, South East
- Brand Activation Manager Ball & Hoolahan £36,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East
- Marketing Manager - Inbound Tourism - Dubai Based MCG Associates Tax Free Competitive Package, Dubai, UAE
- Senior Account Manager - Saudi Arabia - PR MCG Associates Tax Free Package, Riyadh. KSA
- Digital Advertising Manager - High End Lifestyle Ultimate Asset £43000 - £50000 per annum + commission & excellent benefits, London
- Media Exec - Leading Media Agency - Mobile Sector Ultimate Asset £22000 - £26000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London