Comparethemarket.com's meerkats leave Coronation Street
Comparethemarket.com will unveil its latest idents for 'Coronation Street' on ITV this evening, the first to be set away from "the street" since the comparison site started sponsoring the show.
The four idents show the Comparethemeerkat.com characters adjusting to life with the new baby, Oleg, who was dumped on their doorstep in an ad that aired on ITV on Christmas Day last year.
VCCP created the spots, which mark the first time that Comparethemarket.com’s ‘Coronation Street’ idents have been set somewhere other than on 'Coronation Street'.
Javier Romartinex wrote the idents, they were art directed by Stephen Misir and directed by Dave Scanlon through Passion Pictures. ZenithOptimedia handled the media buying.
Comparethemarket.com has sponsored 'Coronation Street' since 2012, when it signed a £30 million, three-year deal. To celebrate the one-year anniversary of the tie-up, the comparison site released an ad featuring Gary Barlow.
Mark Vile, the marketing director at Comparethemarket.com, said: "Celebrating our one-year anniversary with Gary Barlow on the famous cobbles was a great moment in our sponsorship of ‘Coronation Street’ and, just like any good soap opera, it is time to give viewers something – or someone – new and fresh to keep them entertained.
"We had a hunch that Oleg would be well received as he is incredibly cute. However, the positive response so far has been quite overwhelming. We hope ‘Coronation Street’ viewers enjoy seeing what’s next for Oleg."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Client Development Manager Stopgap £40000 - £45000 per annum + bonus, London
- Client Development Director - Loyalty - London Stopgap £55000 per annum + bonus, London
- Head of Campaign Management Stopgap £65000 - £70000 per annum, London
- Senior Data Analyst Direct Recruitment £40,000 - £45,000, London
- Lead Data Planning Consultant Direct Recruitment £85,000 - £100,000, London
- Senior Data Planner Direct Recruitment £55,000, East London