FT backs FT Weekend with first TV ad
The Financial Times is launching its first TV ad to support its weekend edition, the FT Weekend, today.
The TV ad is part of a campaign, "experience a different world", that will also use cinema, radio, outdoor, print and digital media. It is designed to drive the newspaper’s new FT Weekend print subscription.
The campaign was developed in conjunction with Verbalisation, a strategic communications consultancy. The art director and creative director was JP Glas, the copywriter was Sven Hughes and design was by Kirstin Jenner.
Robin Rimbaud, the electronic musician who also works under the name Scanner, composed the music exclusively for the TV ad.
Catherine Newman, the global director of brand and B2B marketing at the FT, said: "The ‘Experience a different world’ campaign is about developing a separate brand identity for FT Weekend that complements the master brand.
"Just like our weekday audience, FT Weekend readers recognise difference to be an advantage, and they are just as influential and driven. On weekdays, our readers seek the advantage that comes from the FT’s business intelligence, and at the weekend, they are attracted to our unique view on life, arts and culture."
Two press ads show the profile of a woman's face merging with either books or an Anish Kapoor art work, 'Tall Tree & The Eye', 2009. The copy on the press ads says: "Life. Arts. Culture. Read beyond the expected."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Marketing Executive Sky negotiable, Middlesex