Spiderman 2 uses backlit radiance for villainous outdoor campaign
Sony Pictures has launched an out-of-home campaign to promote 'The Amazing Spiderman 2' featuring villain Electro played by Oscar-winner Jamie Foxx.
Spiderman 2: outdoor campaign makes creative use of lighting technology
Booked through Manning Gottlieb OMD and outdoor specialist Talon, the campaign uses electroluminescence technology on six sheets bringing Foxx’s character to life with bolts of lightning.
It will be part of a £1 million outdoor activity for the film including bus wraps and T-sides, and premium backlit spots including the IMAX.
Jane Robertson, advertising manager at Sony Pictures, said: "Electro is a new, exciting villain for Spiderman and this was a great opportunity for us to introduce the character and bring him to life on the streets in a unique and interesting way."
Activity will run in six UK cities from today including London, Cardiff, Birmingham, Bristol, Liverpool and Edinburgh.
Oli Cooper, business director at Manning Gottlieb OMD, said: "This creative use of technology strategically placed across the UK, will spark imagination and ensure it's the film everyone’s talking about this Easter."
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing and Communications Alexandra Palace Trading £40,000 + bonus + benefits, London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Head of Engagement Planning (UK) BespokeHR £80,000 - £85,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Interim Head of Brand The Rank Group To attract the right person!, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Marketing Manager - Entertainments Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance , South East England
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Retail - London/Greater London - Salary depending on experience Judi Patton depending on experience, Hertfordshire / London (Greater) / London (North), London (Greater) / London (South), London (Gre...