Universal Music extends media reach with acquisition of Eagle Rock Entertainment
Universal Music Group has acquired UK-based music producer and distributor Eagle Rock Entertainment for an undisclosed sum.
Universal Music: acquires Eagle Rock Entertainment
Eagle Rock Entertainment produces DVD, Blu-Ray, TV and digital media, as well as concerts and documentaries, for the likes of The Rolling Stones, Pink Floyd, The Who and Ozzy Osbourne.
Eagle's TV library features nearly 2,000 hours of programming and there are more than 800 titles currently available worldwide, digitally and on DVD and Blu-Ray.
The acquisition follows Universal Music Group's acquisition of EMI last year and continues its bid to dominate the quality, original audio-visual music space.
The addition of Eagle Rock's experienced team will boost Universal's video content production and help create artist-based bundles in a variety of physical and digital formats, including on new and emerging mobile platforms.
Terry Shand, Eagle Rock chairman and chief executive, will continue to lead the company from its headquarters in London.
Lucian Grainge, chairman and chief executive of UMG, said: "As we continue UMG's transformation to a music-based content company, expanding our audio-visual catalogue, production expertise is critical.
"We're thrilled to welcome Terry and the Eagle Rock team to the UMG family. Terry has built Eagle Rock into a world-class content company and a leading force in distributing top music-based audio-visual programming. "Follow @DurraniMix
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Engagement Planning (UK) BespokeHR £80,000 - £85,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Marketing and Communications Alexandra Palace Trading £40,000 + bonus + benefits, London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Interim Head of Brand The Rank Group To attract the right person!, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Retail - London/Greater London - Salary depending on experience Judi Patton depending on experience, Hertfordshire / London (Greater) / London (North), London (Greater) / London (South), London (Gre...
- Web Project Manager (Part-time) Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment Competitive daily rate, London (Central), London (Greater)