TMG's Seiken to instil digital-native culture
Telegraph Media Group needs to be "the polar opposite of traditional Fleet Street", with the emphasis moving from "imperial editors" to "empowering the reader", according to its editor-in-chief, Jason Seiken.
Seiken: digital-native culture
Speaking to Campaign ahead of his Newsworks Shift address today (Thursday), Seiken says a fundamental shake-up is required.
He said: "Most newspapers, in their digital transformation efforts, are putting the cart before the horse. Maybe they’re adopting a digital-first production model. Or focusing on video. Or trying audio. Or using volunteer bloggers. Or trying hyper-local coverage… they’ll all fail at newspapers that don’t first create a newsroom that has a true digital-native culture."
Seiken added that he plans to "hire world-class experts across a broad range of disciplines".
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Assistant Marketing Strategy Manager Thorntons £Competitive + Benefits, Alfreton, Derbyshire
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £Excellent Salary Package , South East England / London (Greater)
- Innovation Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England
- Digital Marketing Specialist Colyer London £25000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Diageo Great reward package for great talent, Amsterdam / Dublin / Madrid / London (Greater)