Sky launches #WatchOnSky automated viewing on Twitter
Sky has started to trial its #WatchOnSky tool on Twitter, which lets customers watch or record TV programmes by simply clicking icons contained within a tweet.
#WatchOnSky: broadcaster trials service on Twitter
Twitter users who see #WatchOnSky on Tweets from Sky can expand the tweet and tap on an icon that directly links to Sky’s mobile TV service Sky Go, to start watching the show. Alternatively, they can tap the Sky+ ‘R’ to remotely set their Sky+HD box to record.
The launch of #WatchOnSky marks the first time that a British broadcaster has created a service that lets users access live TV and set recordings via their Twitter timeline.
#WatchOnSky will appear across Sky’s Twitter feeds including @SkyHD and @SkyAtlantic shows, including 'Game of Thrones' and 'Mad Men', sporting events and movies on Sky. The functionality was developed in-house by Sky for Twitter.
Luke Bradley-Jones, brand director of TV Products at Sky, said: "#WatchOnSky is another brilliantly simple way for our customers to find and watch the shows everyone is talking about.
"By simply clicking on a tweet, customers can either instantly watch live TV or record shows for later. It’s all part of our commitment to make it even easier for our customers to discover great TV and make sure they never miss those virtual water cooler moments."
The new service builds on the Sky Go and Sky+ apps that give Sky TV customers more control of their TV viewing.
The Sky+ app lets customers flick through hundreds of channels and record upcoming shows, as well as browse through thousands of hours of on-demand TV and movies to download to their Sky+HD box.
Sky Go lets customers watch up to 54 channels on their mobile devices – the widest selection of channels available on-the-move from any provider in the UK.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Creative Production Controller (Maternity Cover) Asthma UK £34,361 - £36,169, London (Central), London (Greater)
- MARKETING MANAGER - Fashion Success Digital negotiable, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Sponsorship Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Marketing - SyFy NBC Universal Competitive, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Marketing Executive Brand Recruitment car and other fantastic benefits , Buckinghamshire
- Senior Account Manager Tan Media c. £40,000 per annum, London (Greater) / Camden, London (Greater)