Metro launches content agency
Metro, the free newspaper, has formed an in-house creative agency called Story to meet increasing demands around content marketing.
Metro: Story’s launch is a response to the changing need of clients
Story will be led by the creative director, Sophie Robinson, and brings together members of its planning, insight, editorial, design, production and project management teams.
The operation will work with media agencies to deliver what it claims are bespoke solutions for advertisers including resources in areas such as pitching and production.
Robinson cited Metro’s content partnership with HP as an example of brands looking to extend their relationship with the title beyond traditional advertising.
She said: "Brands are turning to us to create long-term content partnerships that will be both noticed and memorable for our urban professional audience.
"By reorganising and blending the different skills, we have been able to launch our new agency, Story, which sets us up to do anything from pitch to create and produce. Around 75 per cent of briefs already ask for content creation, so we are responding to what our clients want."
The launch of Story follows that of The Guardian’s dedicated content division, Guardian Labs, in February.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Digital Creative Manager UCAS £comp + 25-days leave, flexible benefits and other fringe benefits, including Xmas closure , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Senior Fundraising Development Officer Comic Relief From £35,000pa, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Operations Manager Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £55,000 + Bonus, North London
- Consumer Activation Controller Mast-Jaegermeister UK Limited Salary depending on experience. Additional bonus, pension, BUPA, life assurance, 25 days' holiday., Camberley, Surrey
- PR Manager AF Selection £25,000 - £35,000 + Benefits, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)