Microsoft hires IPG for creative and moves media to Aegis
Microsoft has hired Interpublic and Dentsu Aegis Network to handle its advertising and media accounts respectively, after a three-month review process.
Microsoft: microsoft privacy by Wunderman
Interpublic Group’s UM previously handled media planning and buying in Europe, while the business was with Publicis Groupe Starcom MediaVest Group in Microsoft's largest market, the US.
Media planning will now be handled by a cross-discipline team from Dentsu Aegis agencies, lead by its agency Carat.
Although IPG has lost the media business, its creative agencies have won the advertising business. Creative work and deployment will be handled by various agency teams throughout its global network, led by McCann Worldgroup.
The creative advertising account was held by various agencies, including MDC’s Crispin Porter & Bogusky, which was one of Microsoft’s lead creative agencies globally.
Chris Capossela, the executive vice president and chief marketing officer at Microsoft, said: "We are thrilled to work with the teams at IPG and Dentsu Aegis. We believe both groups will help us communicate more strategically and efficiently in a rapidly evolving marketplace."
In statement confirming the appointments the company said: "Microsoft periodically evaluates its agency mix as a best practice to ensure it retains the services that best fit the needs of its evolving business."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Digital & Social - Dublin / London The Great & The Good In the region of £60,000 - £65,000 per annum, Dublin
- Commercial Manager Business Centric Services Group Up to £45,000 per annum + benefits, Old Street
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £70,000 - £75,000 per annum, London