Blu eCig launches £20m ad push
Blu eCig, the electronic cigarette brand, has launched a £20 million ad campaign today (Monday), its first ever in the UK.
The 40-second ad was created by Brothers and Sisters and directed by Skinny, the Los Angeles-based duo Marc-Edouard Leon and David Hache, through Partizan.
The concept of the ad, which is called "Blu freedom", is of a group of friends "living unhindered by the restraints of traditional cigarettes".
The story in the ad is of a group of friends transforming a derelict urban space into a stylish venue, with speakers and turntables, for a party that night. The ad features electronic music by the Ninja Tune-artist Two Fingers.
The TV spot will run on satellite television channels every day after 10pm until December, with the aim of attracting smokers over the age of 25 and reaching 90 per cent of smokers aged between 25 and 44 by the end of the year.
Jacob Fuller, the chief executive of Blu eCig, said: "‘Blu freedom’ is a visual metaphor for the freedom smokers can reclaim when switching from traditional cigarettes to Blu eCigs.
"No longer having to deal with the restraints of traditional cigarettes, Blu e-cigarettes allow smokers to embrace freedom and choice, just as the cast of ad does."
Blu e-Cig aims to place its brand "centre stage" in shops by the end of June by through a partnership with retailers, including WHSmith, Asda and The Co-operative.
Running alongside the television ad campaign, will be a nationwide tour of electronic music acts taking in Edinburgh, Manchester and Brighton, among others.
The brief was to establish the brand as the market leading E-cigarette.
Brothers and Sisters declined to provide specific creative credits for the campaign. Cut & Run edited the ad. Rocket planned and bought the media, which will also feature outdoor, experiential and digital advertising as well as using social media.
Andy Fowler, the executive creative director and founder of Brothers and Sisters, said: "E-cigs are a phenomenally exciting new advertising category from a creative perspective.
"Our ambition is to create the first great brand in the market. That means connecting in the most emotional way possible with smokers and helping them feel the sense of freedom they can achieve with Blu."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Marketing Manager Ibiza Rocks Salary: £30K-34K DOE, Based in London head office
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Senior Designer Gabriele Skelton Ã‚£40000 per annum, City of London
- Creative Director, PR Agency, London Office + Great Benefits Fleishman-Hillard Up to £100,000, dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)