Absolute Radio signs Rob Beckett
Rob Beckett, the comedian, is to present a Sunday instalment of Absolute Radio's 'Rock N Roll Football' from August, beefing up the station's football and comedy offering.
Rob Beckett: comedian will front Sunday edition of Absolute Radio's 'Rock N Roll Football'
Beckett, who has appeared on TV shows such as 'Live at the Apollo' and 'Mock the Week', will present the mix of music, goal updates and comedy on the Bauer Media-owned station every Sunday from 3 August.
The Sunday edition complements the existing football programming on Saturdays including the 'Big Match Build Up' with Russ Williams, 'Rock N Roll Football', match commentary from Jim Proudfoot, and the reaction show presented by Ian Wright.
Beckett said: "I just can't wait for the season to start. The only thing that could make me happier is if they started using free-kick foam in the Premier League and I was in charge of spraying it."
The Bauer Media-owned station is now speaking to brand partners about sponsorship opportunities across its comedy programming.
Existing comedians on the station include Frank Skinner, Alun Cochrane and Ian Stone.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Assistant Marketing Strategy Manager Thorntons £Competitive + Benefits, Alfreton, Derbyshire
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £Excellent Salary Package , South East England / London (Greater)
- Innovation Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England
- Digital Marketing Specialist Colyer London £25000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Diageo Great reward package for great talent, Amsterdam / Dublin / Madrid / London (Greater)