Sky Europe deal expected before summer gets underway
BSkyB's proposal to takeover Sky Italia and Sky Deutschland could be finalised by the end of the month, according to analysts.
Sky: Europe deal is expected
Media analysts told Campaign privately that they expected the £6.3 billion deal to be confirmed by early August, when many executives working in Europe traditionally begin an extended summer break.
One analyst, who asked not to be named, said: "They won’t let the summer holiday get in the way."
The Sunday Times reported yesterday that Sky is set to seal the takeover over the next two weeks. The paper is owned by News Corp, which split out of News Corporation alongside 21st Century Fox last year.
A spokesman for Sky declined to comment.
Last week it emerged that Time Warner, the company behind HBO and the Warner Bros movie studio, had rebuffed an $80 billion takeover offer from 21st Century Fox. 21st Century Fox is expected to continue to pursue a deal.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- SENIOR ADVERTISING MANAGER (MATERNITY COVER) notonthehighstreet.com Competitive , Richmond
- Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London