Sky Europe deal expected before summer gets underway
BSkyB's proposal to takeover Sky Italia and Sky Deutschland could be finalised by the end of the month, according to analysts.
Sky: Europe deal is expected
Media analysts told Campaign privately that they expected the £6.3 billion deal to be confirmed by early August, when many executives working in Europe traditionally begin an extended summer break.
One analyst, who asked not to be named, said: "They won’t let the summer holiday get in the way."
The Sunday Times reported yesterday that Sky is set to seal the takeover over the next two weeks. The paper is owned by News Corp, which split out of News Corporation alongside 21st Century Fox last year.
A spokesman for Sky declined to comment.
Last week it emerged that Time Warner, the company behind HBO and the Warner Bros movie studio, had rebuffed an $80 billion takeover offer from 21st Century Fox. 21st Century Fox is expected to continue to pursue a deal.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £65000 - £70000 per annum, London
- Account Director The Great & The Good £45000 - £50000 per annum, West End
- Social Media Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000, London (Central), London (Greater)