Bauer Media appoints Sam Jones as digital managing director
Bauer Media UK has appointed former Perform Group's Sam Jones as managing director, digital.
Sam Jones: takes on the role of digital managing director at Bauer Media
Jones is tasked with leading the transformation of the media company's digital business, leveraging multi-platform assets across its magazines and radio brands, including heat, Grazia, KISS FM UK, Empire and Absolute Radio.
Earlier this week, Bauer Media Group launched a venture capital fund, Bauer Venture Partners, with €100 million (£80 million) to invest in scalable business models, start-ups and young technology companies over the next ten years.
Jones has worked in the digital space for 15 years, most recently at an advisory business, working with corporate and early stage clients, including The Telegraph and Mapp Media.
He was previously group director at FTSE 250 sports media company Perform Group. He was also chief operating officer and co-founder of music-branded content and distribution company LoveLive, and held senior roles at Warner Music Group.
Paul Keenan, Bauer Media’s chief executive, said: "This is a pivotal appointment for Bauer Media. Sam is one of the leading players within the digital space, and has highly relevant experience to develop and extend our offer to ensure our products engage and deliver for consumers, advertisers and partners across all platforms and devices.
"We are committed to continued momentum in digital, particularly in video, and with Sam's energy and leadership we will accelerate our digital growth and business transformation."
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- SENIOR ADVERTISING MANAGER (MATERNITY COVER) notonthehighstreet.com Competitive , Richmond
- Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London