Celebrity Big Brother returns with 2.9m viewers
'Celebrity Big Brother's' return to Channel 5 delivered a peak audience of 2.9 million viewers last night, according to unofficial overnight figures.
Celebrity Big Brother: the live launch show attracted a 2.9 million peak audience
This year’s housemates include Lauren Goodger, a former star of The Only Way Is Essex, the boxer Audley Harrison, and the former boxing promoter Kellie Maloney, who was previously known as Frank Maloney.
The two-hour 15-minute show, Celebrity Big Brother: the live launch, was watched by an average of 2.31 million viewers across Channel 5, Channel 5 HD and Channel 5 +1, an 11.9 per cent share of the TV-watching audience.
The ad breaks during the first show included movie spots from the film distributors Entertainment One, Entertainment Film Distributors, Universal Pictures, Icon, Lionsgate and 20th Century Fox. Other brands included BT and Sky.
There were no ads from Omnicom clients, such as Sony Pictures and Virgin Media, due to the group’s ongoing trading dispute with Channel 5.
Celebrity Big Brother’s Bit on the Side attracted an audience of 784,700 from 11.20pm, a 10.6 per cent share.
The headline sponsor of this year’s Celebrity Big Brother, as well as the standard Big Brother series that has just finished, is Supercasino, in a deal negotiated by Sky High Media.
Other partners of Celebrity Big Brother include L'Oréal, Microsoft Surface Tablets, Ribena, Aquafresh and Maximuscle.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Regional Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Regional Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Client Partner The Great & The Good £80000 - £90000 per annum + significant benefits, London