Media agency news & analysis
1. Mark Collins Collins remains the industry s most significant media buyer following the collapse of the Publicis/Omnicom merger. The Group M operation that he spearheads still controls at least a third of all the UK s trackable media spend. He st...
MediaCom has won the consolidating pitch for Mars' global media planning business, spanning 80 markets.
News UK Commercial has hired Omnicom Media Group's Chris Amor to replace Matt Shreeve as the publishing group's trading director.
Carat has appointed Sally Silver, M4C's head of digital, to head up its government media team following the account's move into the Dentsu Aegis Network.
The outstanding leaders of the UK's media agencies in 2014 revealed.
ITV could generate £6 million in ad revenue from The X Factor final this weekend, as Ben Haenow, Andrea Faustini and Fleur East battle it out for the 2014 crown.
ZenithOptimedia has become the second Publicis Groupe agency to commit to pay its cleaners, after a contract cleaning company hired by the group went into administration.
The popularity of content marketing could represent a threat to traditional advertising budgets, Arif Durrani finds.
Amid all the leadership changes in the media this year, the one no-one saw coming was last week's abrupt exit of the effervescent Fru Hazlitt from ITV.
Last week's departure of Fru Hazlitt, managing director of commercial, online and interactive at ITV, caught the industry and her own team by surprise.
Last week's IPA report highlighting the steady growth in ad industry female leaders was encouraging. But it's no more than a gentle step in the right direction, says Janine Green, head of consumer planning at Arena.
Omnicom Media Group has hired Azon Howie, the head of commercial at the Denstu Aegis Network trading arm Amplifi, as its trading director EMEA, replacing Marc Bignell.
It's awkward question time: What do Lewis Hamilton, President Obama and 1.3 per cent of the UK's advertising and media agency workforce have in common?
28 November 2014: The7stars lands the combined James Villa Holidays and Hoseasons account, as well as the Gala Interactive business.
The media agency is putting its faith in a user-experience focus after a two-year rollercoaster ride, Ed Owen reports.
King Digital Entertainment has launched a global ad campaign to promote its new game Candy Crush Soda Saga.
It's hard not to get caught up in the sheer 'wow' factor of Mindshare's annual huddle day, says Immediate Media's Toby Hicks.
Gala Interactive, part of Gala Coral Group, has appointed The7stars to its £5.7 million media planning and buying account after a competitive pitch.
Ray Morgan, one of the most influential figures in the professionalisation of media planning and buying, has died aged 82.
The Outdoor Planning Awards, run by Brand Republic and Clear Channel, is open for entries this week with a range of categories expanded to reflect the changing nature of the industry and the tools at its disposal.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Marketing & Communications Executive AF Selection Up to £25,000, Derbyshire
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Senior Designer Gabriele Skelton Ã‚£40000 per annum, City of London
- Creative Director, PR Agency, London Office + Great Benefits Fleishman-Hillard Up to £100,000, dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)