Media agency news & analysis
22 August: Starcom MediaVest Group lands P&O Ferries, Arena scoops Merck and Havas Media captures Penguin Random House.
VivaKi, Publicis Groupe's trading arm, has promoted the UK general manager of its programmatic media platform Audience On Demand (AOD), Geoff Smith, to the newly created role of vice-president of EMEA.
Brown-Forman, the spirits giant, is reviewing its $100 million (£60.1 million) global media account.
15 August: MEC remains in first position in the media table.
What is the role of today s "media" agencies? One topic that has arisen is whether they have the credibility, capability or creativity to be serious players in the area of "content marketing". I see it as a natural evolution. Our role has always be...
Nederburg, the Distell-owned South African wine brand, will launch its first UK TV campaign in September, starring the presenter and farmer Jimmy Doherty.
Channel 4 has hired Adrian English, the head of media investment at Carat, in the newly-created role of group investment lead.
1 August: The7stars breaks into the top five after winning 2 Sisters Food Group.
Adam Crozier, chief executive of ITV, has admitted there is "work to be done" to boost viewers after being outperformed for share of commercial impacts (SOCI) by Channel 4, despite its World Cup coverage last month.
This year's Media Week Awards have attracted a record number of 563 entries from the UK's most innovative media companies.
Rapp has been awarded the creative, media and data accounts for Cigna Insurance Services in the UK, following a three-way pitch.
Maxus is the world's fastest growing media agency network over the last five years, while sibling MediaCom continues to be the biggest followed by Carat, according to agency evaluators Recma.
Campaign is pleased to clarify that Omnicom Media Group is on the government media buying shortlist and did not apply late to any part of the pitch process, handled by the Crown Commercial Service.
Google and MediaCom are teaming up to develop a global training programme called Mobile Ignition, to set a "mobile first" mindset among the agency's staff.
Howard Bareham, the head of radio at Mindshare and GroupM, is to take the role of commercial development director at UTV Media (GB) ending 15 years at the WPP agency.
School's out for the summer - and so too, for once, is the sunshine. As teachers across the country pick themselves up and begin the healing process, spurred on no doubt by the promise that Michael Gove will not be returning to class in September, th...
25 July 2014: Goodstuff Communications and Arena move up in the top ten after winning Zoopla and Flight Centre respectively.
Arena has won the £4 million media business for Merck Consumer Health, owner of Seven Seas and Hailborange, currently handled by MEC Manchester.
Omnicom Group, home to BBDO, DDB Worldwide and Omnicom Media Group, has reported a 7 per cent rise in pre-tax profits to $514.7 million for the second quarter, on the back of recovering ad markets and strong organic growth.
Samsung has created an outdoor campaign to coincide with the first birthday of the future monarch, Prince George, featuring pictures of another baby George.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Digital Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £52,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Business Development Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Digital Acquisition Manager - Leading Online Biz GoodEgg Digital £70k + Bonus and Benefits, United Kingdom / England / North West England / Lancashire / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Search Marketing Manager - International Markets Search Laboratory £24,000 - £30,000 per annum + benefits , Yorkshire and the Humber / North Yorkshire / West Yorkshire / Harrogate, North Yorkshire / Leeds,...
- Marketing Communications Senior Manager Lloyd's of London Competitive salary and benefits package , London (City of), London (Greater)