Media agency news & analysis
31 October: Havas Media wins Telefónica account.
The Gym Group, the budget gym operator, has appointed MEC as its media agency.
Tiffany & Co has appointed MEC to its $100 million (£62 million) media planning and buying account, following a competitive pitch.
Footage from last week's Media Week Awards 2014 extravaganza, including interviews with some of the big winners on the night The Guardian, Maxus and PHD.
The UK's vibrant commercial media sector celebrated the year's best work at the Media Week Awards last night, attended by 1,400 executives from agencies, media owners, advertisers and production companies.
Congratulations to Maxus, five years old in 2014 and winner of Media Week's fiercely contested Agency of the Year last night.
Omnicom's PHD has won the coveted Media Grand Prix 2014 after claiming no fewer than seven gold awards at the Media Week Awards last night.
The stage is set for Media Week Awards 2014 tonight, which will be attended by 1,400 members of the UK media industry and hosted by comedian and writer, Russell Kane.
24 October: The7stars lands Save the Children.
Philips is unveiling an online campaign starring the Olympic gymnast Louis Smith, aimed at encouraging people to ditch bottled juice in favour of making fresh juices at home.
Publicis Groupe's ZenithOptimedia's estimated £200 million European media business for O2, including the £50 million account in the UK, has been snatched away from them, following an intervention from Havas Media stakeholder and Vivendi chairman, Vin...
Mindshare has hired Somo's Neil Bruce as head of mobile, replacing James Chandler, who recently moved into a newly created role as global mobile director for Mindshare.
17 October: The league remains the same this week.
Anheuser-Busch InBev has consolidated its pan European media within Dentsu Aegis Network, led by Vizeum in the UK, following a six-month review covering nine key markets.
Boots UK, the health and beauty retailer, has replaced stores in rural towns and villages with giant luxury products in its latest TV ad.
Top Shop/Twitter and the charity Women's Aid were today named overall winners of Ocean's Art of Outdoor Digital Competition, which celebrates pushing the creative boundaries in digital out-of-home advertising.
10 October: No new entries in the media table this week.
At a recent Omnicom conference, someone said that we need rock bands, not rock stars, to make creative and business sense of the diversifying communications landscape; but I think we need orchestras.
Starcom MediaVest Group UK (SMG) has created a London Operations Team (LOT) tasked with refining and rolling out new board strategies directly into the agency.
3 October: MediaCom, Goodstuff Communications, Vizeum, Havas Media and Maxus all add one account each to their billings.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Fundraising Development Officer Comic Relief From £35,000pa, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Operations Manager Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £55,000 + Bonus, North London
- Senior Digital Creative Manager UCAS £comp + 25-days leave, flexible benefits and other fringe benefits, including Xmas closure , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Consumer Activation Controller Mast-Jaegermeister UK Limited Salary depending on experience. Additional bonus, pension, BUPA, life assurance, 25 days' holiday., Camberley, Surrey
- PR Manager AF Selection £25,000 - £35,000 + Benefits, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)