Media agency news & analysis
Tracy De Groose, the chief executive of Dentsu Aegis Network UK, has been promoted to its EMEA executive board, following the appointment of Rob Horler as the network's first US chief executive.
30 January 2015: No changes in the media league this week.
Media agencies now have ten days to complete their applications before the extended deadline of 6 February.
Jon Claydon, Rita Clifton, Karen Blackett and Sarah Warby are among the advertising, media and marketing names to make it into Debrett's list of the most influential people in the UK.
Publicis Groupe has extended the deadline for Sapient shareholders to accept its $3.7 billion offer for a fourth time.
The London boroughs have appointed Enter, Manning Gottlieb OMD and Carat to handle the first campaign to prevent rising HIV infection rates in London.
For Sir Martin Sorrell's market-leading media collective, Group M, to lose one seismic multimillion-pound-spending client is unfortunate, but to lose two in quick succession is unacceptable - at least for him.
23 January 2015: Walker Media and AdConnection join the media new-business league after winning Dixons Carphone and Touchnote respectively.
What are the things that media owners offer that are tempting more agency executives to cross over to the other side, Arif Durrani and David Benady ask.
Havas Media Group, home to Havas Media and Arena, has formed a partnership with Facebook's Atlas to better track users and serve ads around the world, starting in the US and Western Europe.
The Co-operative Bank has signalled a potential departure from its joint agency arrangements with former parent company Co-operative Group by calling a review of its CRM needs.
Viacom International Media Networks, home to MTV UK and Comedy Central, has parted company with its media agency, PHD, amid an ongoing dispute with parent Omnicom Media Group.
Media agency figure Simon Herd passed away last week after a long battle with recurring brain tumours over the past five years.
Publicis Groupe has extended the deadline for Sapient shareholders to accept its $3.7bn offer for a third time, blaming the need for additional time to deal with US regulatory requirements.
Havas Media Group has launched a new global network for luxury clients called LuxHub, which will be headquartered in Milan.
Four takeaways from the consumer electronics trade show that was so vast that journos and digital strategists are still emerging with their reports.
Omnicom Media Group is expected to be feeling the pressure this week after its decision to pull all clients from Channel 5's reality TV show Celebrity Big Brother, which launched to strong audiences of more than 3 million viewers.
9 January 2015: Vizeum climbs up the 2014 round-up table after winning Burger King.
At the end of day one of CES I'm left with the feeling that something's missing, writes Adam Fulford, managing partner, business development and integration, at Mindshare.
1. Mark Collins Collins remains the industry s most significant media buyer following the collapse of the Publicis/Omnicom merger. The Group M operation that he spearheads still controls at least a third of all the UK s trackable media spend. He st...
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- SENIOR ADVERTISING MANAGER (MATERNITY COVER) notonthehighstreet.com Competitive , Richmond
- Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London