Travelodge kicks off pitch for creative and media accounts
Travelodge is reviewing its UK advertising and media accounts ahead of a major above-the-line campaign.
Travelodge: Rapier previously handled the brand’s advertising
Last year, the budget-hotel chain parted company with the previous creative incumbent, Rapier, before the agency folded. It has subsequently not worked with an advertising agency.
MediaVest picked up the media planning and buying from Carat in November last year, when Travelodge’s marketing was focused solely on digital media. The agency’s hold on the digital media account is not affected by the review.
It is understood that Travelodge has approached agencies directly to invite them to submit their credentials.
Last year, Travelodge ran a series of promotions on Absolute Radio to highlight its portfolio of sites in London. The sponsorship and promotion, which was overseen by Carat, used the tagline: "You can be next to something for next to nothing."
Travelodge is the second-biggest operator in the budget-hotel sector behind Whitbread’s Premier Inn. Its marketing is led by the sales and marketing director, Catriona Kempston.
Travelodge had not responded for comment at the time of going to press.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Acquisition Manager Direct Recruitment Up to £40,000, London
- Senior Account Manager Source £30000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Social Media Account Manager / Senior Account Manager Source £28000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Content Manager - Fashion - London - £200 a day Digital Gurus £150 - £200 per day, London