Luca Lindner named as global president of McCann
Luca Lindner, president for the Americas, Middle East and Africa for McCann Worldgroup, has been promoted to the new role of president of the entire network.
Luca Lindner: takes on global role at the network
As the global president of McCann Worldgroup, he will be responsible for driving McCann’s business around the world, which includes the McCann Erickson advertising network, media network UM and digital agency MRM, as well as five other companies.
Lindner will report to Harris Diamond, the chief executive of McCann Worldgroup. He will continue to carry out his existing responsibilities.
Diamond said: "Luca is a true globalist and has established himself as one of the industry’s most experienced multiplatform and global marketing leaders. He has been a key architect behind the success of McCann."
Lindner has been president of the Americas, Middle East and Africa for McCann Worldgroup since the end of 2012, following Diamond's arrival.
He has previously directly overseen multinational clients and McCann’s operations in Latin America, North America, Europe, Africa, and the Middle East, and has developed resources such as the dedicated global McCann XBC team for MasterCard.
Lindner joined McCann in August 2004 as the chief executive of McCann Mexico and deputy regional director of Latin America/Caribbean. He rose to become regional director the following year.
Before starting at McCann he was the vice chairman of Leo Burnett EMEA. He began his agency career at TBWA in Paris, and then served as the managing director of TBWA Rome and the client service director of TBWA Italy.
Lindner said his role would address the fact that brands now need to "balance global scope with local know-how".
He said: "Increasingly, whatever the market or the category, local or global, brands need three things to succeed – integrated strategic leadership, multi-platform creative ideas and smart deployment to reach their consumers."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Digital Advertising Manager - High End Lifestyle Ultimate Asset £43000 - £50000 per annum + commission & excellent benefits, London
- Media Exec - Leading Media Agency - Mobile Sector Ultimate Asset £22000 - £26000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Biddable Paid Social Senior Executive - Top 10 Agency Ultimate Asset £25000 - £30000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Account handler ready for an immediate start? Freelance, Contract or Temp to Perm? Barker Graves Up to £250/day, central london
- Are you a Freelance AM, SAM or AD in a UK creative agency? We need you! Day rates £150 - £250 a day! Barker Graves Up to £250/day, Central London
- Freelance Account Manager? We need you now! Exciting accounts and excellent rates up to £170 a day. Barker Graves Up to £170/day, central London