Charlie McGee joins Apple in European sales role
Charlie McGee, the former managing director of Carat Digital, has joined Apple to lead its European ad sales.
Charlie McGee:to lead Apple's European ad sales operation
In his new role as head of agency partnerships, McGee will be responsible for building Apple’s ad sales offer, including the iAd network of opportunities in iOS apps. He will report to Paul Wright, the former chief digital officer of Omnicom Media Group UK.
McGee’s appointment comes nine months after Wright, who was previously chief digital officer at OMD and director of sales at Sky Digital Media, joined Apple to become the European director of iAd.
After four years as the managing director of Carat Digital McGee became a group trading director across Aegis Media in July 2012, leading the digital buying for both Carat and Vizeum clients.
Immediately before joining Carat in 2008 McGee spent three years at Mediaedge:CIA, now MEC, as a managing partner.
He started his career at the digital agency Profero, rising to head of client services, before moving to Inventa Productions, the video production unit Profero co-founded with Pete Tong, in 2003.
A spokeswoman for Apple declined to comment.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Marketing & Communications Executive AF Selection Up to £25,000, Derbyshire
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Senior Designer Gabriele Skelton Ã‚£40000 per annum, City of London
- Creative Director, PR Agency, London Office + Great Benefits Fleishman-Hillard Up to £100,000, dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)