Charlie McGee joins Apple in European sales role
Charlie McGee, the former managing director of Carat Digital, has joined Apple to lead its European ad sales.
Charlie McGee:to lead Apple's European ad sales operation
In his new role as head of agency partnerships, McGee will be responsible for building Apple’s ad sales offer, including the iAd network of opportunities in iOS apps. He will report to Paul Wright, the former chief digital officer of Omnicom Media Group UK.
McGee’s appointment comes nine months after Wright, who was previously chief digital officer at OMD and director of sales at Sky Digital Media, joined Apple to become the European director of iAd.
After four years as the managing director of Carat Digital McGee became a group trading director across Aegis Media in July 2012, leading the digital buying for both Carat and Vizeum clients.
Immediately before joining Carat in 2008 McGee spent three years at Mediaedge:CIA, now MEC, as a managing partner.
He started his career at the digital agency Profero, rising to head of client services, before moving to Inventa Productions, the video production unit Profero co-founded with Pete Tong, in 2003.
A spokeswoman for Apple declined to comment.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing and Communications Alexandra Palace Trading £40,000 + bonus + benefits, London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Head of Engagement Planning (UK) BespokeHR £80,000 - £85,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Interim Head of Brand The Rank Group To attract the right person!, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Marketing Manager - Entertainments Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance , South East England
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Retail - London/Greater London - Salary depending on experience Judi Patton depending on experience, Hertfordshire / London (Greater) / London (North), London (Greater) / London (South), London (Gre...