MediaCom leads new clients table
MediaCom was the best-performing media agency in 2013 in terms of new business, according to Campaign's School Reports.
In 2013, the WPP-owned shop secured 54 new clients and only lost one, leaving it with a net balance of 53 new pieces of business. Media-Com was well ahead of the second-placed media agency, Carat, which won 26 accounts and lost one.
OMD Group landed third position, winning 30 clients and losing eight.
In the digital sector, SapientNitro and DigitasLBi had a net balance of 15 new pieces of business – DigitasLBi won 16 but lost one. AKQA landed 14 new clients and retained all of its accounts.
Meanwhile, OgilvyOne was crowned the best-performing customer engagement agency, with 16 wins and no losses. Geometry Global UK and Lida landed 11 and eight new clients respectively.
Angus Crowther, a managing partner at Oystercatchers, said the findings tallied with his own experience of working with agencies in pitches.
He said: "OgilvyOne can be relied upon for an extraordinary pitch. The agency has an almost psychopathic desire to get itself across the line. Its ability to listen to what a client really needs is extraordinary."
Among the digital specialists, Crowther said he saw a divide between agencies focused on digital communication and those that could provide digital transformation within a business. SapientNitro, DigitasLBi and AKQA are in the latter group.
In media, the sheer size of MediaCom undoubtedly plays a big part in its success.
"MediaCom is seriously impressive. It is the biggest and has massive scale. Its buying ability is well-known," Crowther said.
The average number of new accounts per agency in 2013 was six in the ad sector, 11 in media, eight in digital and five in customer engagement.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Regional Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Regional Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Client Partner The Great & The Good £80000 - £90000 per annum + significant benefits, London