Havas' Alan Brydon climbs the backstairs of the Carlton to discuss the value of Cannes
Alan Brydon, the head of investment at Havas Media UK, shunned Sir Martin Sorrell's advice to take the backstairs at the Carlton - but there was no talk of mergers, rather what he's taken most from the Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity this year.
The Havas Media Group leader responsible for more than £150 million in media spend for a client portfolio that includes EDF, Peroni and Camelot, said that "everything I’ve heard about Cannes has been validated".
Bryon, a former commercial leader at Associated Press, CIA and Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO, revealed that 2014 was surprisingly the first time he has attended the festival, but it had lived up to expectations, noting: "Relationships are key and Cannes is the ice breaker to lots of important conversations."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £65000 - £70000 per annum, London
- Account Director The Great & The Good £45000 - £50000 per annum, West End
- Social Media Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000, London (Central), London (Greater)