Omnicom reports 7% rise in pre-tax profit in Q2
Omnicom Group, home to BBDO, DDB Worldwide and Omnicom Media Group, has reported a 7 per cent rise in pre-tax profits to $514.7 million for the second quarter, on the back of recovering ad markets and strong organic growth.
John Wren: chief executive of Omnicom
Omnicom’s revenue for the quarter was up 6.4 per cent to $3,870.9 million, led by a 7.8 per cent rise in the US to $2,053.3 million and a 4.9 per cent lift in international revenue to $1,817.6 million.
Organic revenue – a measure excluding acquisitions, disposals and currency effects – grew 5.8 per cent. The strongest organic growth came from North America at 7.9 per cent, Latin America at 7.8 per cent and Asia Pacific at 5.1 per cent.
Advertising revenue across the portfolio was 10.5 per cent higher and the impact of foreign exchange rates increased revenue 0.7 per cent compared to the same period.
The results are notably better than Publicis Groupe’s second-quarter performance, with which a $35 billion merger was terminated in May 2014.
The Paris-based Publicis reported revenue down 1.5 per cent year on year and an increase of 0.5 per cent on an organic basis.
Omnicom’s results included a $1.8m pre-tax charge related to the abandoned Publicis deal, mainly composed of professional fees.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Fundraising Development Officer Comic Relief From £35,000pa, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Digital Creative Manager UCAS £comp + 25-days leave, flexible benefits and other fringe benefits, including Xmas closure , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Digital Media Manager Save the Children £37,000 + Benefits, London (Greater)
- Consumer Activation Controller Mast-Jaegermeister UK Limited Salary depending on experience. Additional bonus, pension, BUPA, life assurance, 25 days' holiday., Camberley, Surrey
- PR Manager AF Selection £25,000 - £35,000 + Benefits, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)