Media & entertainment marketing
The latest media and entertainment advertising, campaign news, analysis and business insight in the newspaper, magazine, TV, radio and sport sectors.
Latest media and entertainment news and analysis
Multi-platform print-based media brands can play a big part in the media landscape of 2015, says Karl Marsden, managing director of Shortlist Media.
1. Mark Collins Collins remains the industry s most significant media buyer following the collapse of the Publicis/Omnicom merger. The Group M operation that he spearheads still controls at least a third of all the UK s trackable media spend. He st...
Jason Mawer is believed to have left his role as commercial director of Northern & Shell after just three months.
This week, Lindsay Wiles, strategic sales director, The Weather Channel, forecasts creative opportunities whatever the conditions.
Mail Advertising, the commercial operation for the Daily Mail and Mail on Sunday, has merged its classified and display advertising sales teams under Rosemary Gorman as part of a group restructure.
MediaCom has won the consolidating pitch for Mars' global media planning business, spanning 80 markets.
An online ad promoting 'The Walking Dead' has been banned by the Advertising Standards Authority for showing graphic violence on a website used by children.
Jane Macken, managing director of Haymarket Business Media, home to Campaign, Marketing and PR Week, is leaving the publishing group after 26 years in the company.
Simon Rees is stepping down as chief executive of the Digital Cinema Media (DCM) at the end of January, to be replaced by interim leader Karen Stacey.
Auto Trader, the marketplace for new and used cars, is launching a £6.5 million TV campaign on Boxing Day, drawing on the different ways people look for their perfect car.
Robin Williams, the comic actor who took his own life in August, was the most popular Google search in 2014, according to data released by the search engine.
As you might expect, people in EC1 have plenty of opportunities to celebrate Christmas differently. Whether it's festive food or merry musicals with a twist, here is our list of the best places in EC1 to feel Christmassy.
Johnston Press has appointed Andrew Cunning, the creative director at Harper Collins Publishers, as chief creative officer and hired Liam Reynolds to lead its national ad sales.
News UK Commercial has hired Omnicom Media Group's Chris Amor to replace Matt Shreeve as the publishing group's trading director.
Television content meets a fundamental human need for group and familial bonding like no other media, and advertisers benefit from the strong engagement, according to new research.
Sharon White, the second permanent secretary at HM Treasury, will be the next chief executive of the broadcasting regulator Ofcom, replacing Ed Richards.
Carat has appointed Sally Silver, M4C's head of digital, to head up its government media team following the account's move into the Dentsu Aegis Network.
John Lewis's "Monty the penguin" was the most compelling Christmas ad of 2014, according to research by facial recognition analysts.
BT Group has entered into exclusive talks to buy EE from the European mobile operators Deutsche Telekom and Orange for £12.5 billion.
The outstanding leaders of the UK's media agencies in 2014 revealed.
More industry sectors
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing & Communications Executive AF Selection Up to £25,000, Derbyshire
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Senior Designer Gabriele Skelton Ã‚£40000 per annum, City of London
- Creative Director, PR Agency, London Office + Great Benefits Fleishman-Hillard Up to £100,000, dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)