Media & entertainment marketing
The latest media and entertainment advertising, campaign news, analysis and business insight in the newspaper, magazine, TV, radio and sport sectors.
Latest media and entertainment news and analysis
Adam & Eve/DDB and Tribal Worldwide have created a digital platform for the pro-union Let's Stay Together campaign, designed to let the public celebrate the achievements of Scots and Scotland as part of the UK.
Clear Channel has hired Mark Smith, the planning operations director at Kinetic, in the new role of agency director, replacing Ged Weston, who is joining Eye Airports as sales director.
With the public so interested in the judges, is the new series destined to be a success with brands, Maisie McCabe asks.
Although the overall sector performed poorly, the traditional, more upmarket magazines are faring well. By Jane Wolfson.
Feeling tired? It s probably because you are spending more time using your tech devices than sleeping. At least that s what a survey from Ofcom suggests. It found that adults spend an average of eight hours and 41 minutes a day texting, talking, typi...
Konami, the game developer behind Metal Gear Solid, has appointed M&C Saatchi to handle the £30 million global launch of the fifth edition in the franchise.
Disney has kicked off a search for an agency to handle its UK CRM work.
What did you create for the show? Play the World is essentially an instrument where, when you press a note, it finds that note in a radio station from around the world. It sounds musical but also a bit cacophonous, as if you are tuning the radio, an...
It's early days, but teething problems at London Live don't bode well for Jeremy Hunt's brainchild. By David Benady.
The inclusion of a plastic bottle of water in the publicity shots for the new series of ITV s Downton Abbey sent social media into overdrive. But the subsequent decision by the cast of the series to pose with bottles of water to promote WaterAid wa...
Online advertising fraud has caught the headlines recently after the Interactive Advertising Bureau's estimate that as much as 36 per cent of web traffic is considered fake and Twitter revealed that 23 million of its users are bots.
It's August and holiday time, but most successful business people seem to be permanently miserable, whether on holiday or at work.
The people I know in the UK media business have little time for the terms "native advertising" or "organic reach".
The publisher's new chief executive is a departure from past leaders - and innovation is top of her agenda. By Arif Durrani.
VivaKi, Publicis Groupe's trading arm, has promoted the UK general manager of its programmatic media platform Audience On Demand (AOD), Geoff Smith, to the newly created role of vice-president of EMEA.
This week, Ian Rees, the vice-president EMEA sales at AdMaxim, puts agency growth plans in place ahead of a predicted mobile growth spurt and joins ad land at the IPA Golf Day.
'Celebrity Big Brother's' return to Channel 5 delivered a peak audience of 2.9 million viewers last night, according to unofficial overnight figures.
Northern & Shell has promoted Jason Mawer, its digital director, to the new role of commercial director of N&S+, its division handling print and digital ad sales as well as creative solutions and partnerships.
Dan Hocking, managing partner at Holler, checks out Facebook's 'Buy' button for brands.
The Jewish Chronicle (JC) has been forced to apologise for carrying an ad for the Disasters Emergency Committee Gaza appeal, following complaints from readers.
More industry sectors
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Digital Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £52,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Business Development Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Digital Acquisition Manager - Leading Online Biz GoodEgg Digital £70k + Bonus and Benefits, United Kingdom / England / North West England / Lancashire / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Search Marketing Manager - International Markets Search Laboratory £24,000 - £30,000 per annum + benefits , Yorkshire and the Humber / North Yorkshire / West Yorkshire / Harrogate, North Yorkshire / Leeds,...
- Marketing Communications Senior Manager Lloyd's of London Competitive salary and benefits package , London (City of), London (Greater)