News Int promotes Brendan Judge to cover Karin Seymour's maternity
News International Commercial has promoted Brendan Judge, currently head of strategy at The Sun, to sales director, to cover Karin Seymour's maternity leave.
Brendan Judge: promoted to sales director at News International
Judge will be responsible for driving revenues across the various platforms of the News Int brands, including The Times, The Sunday Times and The Sun. He will report to commercial director Dominic Carter.
As head of strategy at The Sun since November 2011, Judge reported to Abba Newbery, the director of advertising strategy. He was responsible for developing strategy for the tabloid, maintaining agency relationships and promoting thought leadership.
Prior to joining News Int as a communications strategist in June 2008, Judge worked in media agencies for 13 years, with stints at MediaCom, ZenithOptimedia and Starcom MediaVest Group.
Carter said: "Brendan's experience and skill set gave us the confidence to appoint him as sales director during Karin's maternity leave.
"I'm looking forward to working with Brendan to drive the team to increase sales across all of our print and digital titles. He will bring a fresh perspective and strategic approach to deliver our future growth."
There have been several changes at News Int in recently. Earlier this month, David Vokes, formerly the director of Olympics at Associated Newspapers' Metro, joined as head of creative solutions to drive content-led campaigns.
The group also recently reorganised its sales division into audience-led, rather than brand-led teams and is yet to announce who will be taking on the new roles of head of title management; head of news; head of lifestyle, and head of digital.
Following the restructure Sian Roberts, the head of trading, magazines and inserts, has left the company and Lee Gibson, the head of Times Media, and Ian Rees, the head of News Group, will be leave the company after a transition period.Follow @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Creative Artworker become £28K, Central London
- Online Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £25000 - £35000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Agency Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £23000 - £27000 per annum + Amazing benefits, London
- Agency Account Manager Ultimate Asset £27000 - £30000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Account Managers and Executives Needed Ultimate Asset £23000 - £25000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, London
- Commercial Head of Branded Content-Established Digital Business Ultimate Asset £65000 - £76000 per annum + bonus and huge benefits , London