News Corp sets up global ad exchange
News Corp, the owner of The Sun and The Wall Street Journal, is to launch a global ad exchange for advertisers wanting to buy online and mobile ads across its newspapers around the world.
News Corp: launches global ad exchange for advertisers
Introduction of The News Corp Global Exchange means News Corp will stop selling any of its online inventory on third-party ad networks.
The company will retain its existing ad sales teams, but when it rolls out over the coming weeks, the ad exchange will provide an additional place to buy ads on websites including WSJ.com, Times.co.uk, NYPost.com, TheAustralian.com.au and News.com.au.
The ad exchange will also sell ads on the Asian football app and website BallBall, which was set up to offer its Barclays Premier League rights in Indonesia, Vietnam and Japan.
News Corp has partnered with The Rubicon Project as its global sell-side platform. Advertisers will be able to buy global campaigns targeted at audience segments using News Corp's subscriber data.
Robert Thomson, the chief executive of News Corp, said: "Content aggregators would like to commodify our content, while data scrapers would like to aggregate our audience. The only way to reach the world's greatest content and the most prestigious and lucrative audiences is directly through our digital properties.
"Third parties are no longer invited to the party."Follow @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Sales & Account Exec - #Mobile #Advertising #London Digital Gurus £18000 - £22000 per annum + OTE upto £26,000 (Package), London
- VP Business Development - Mobile Innovation / Products Digital Gurus £85000 - £125000 per annum + benefits, London
- Technical Sales Manager #RTB #Mobile #London Digital Gurus £40000 - £50000 per annum + + OTE 50%, City of London
- Digital Designer - London - £25,000 - £30,000 Red Sofa London £25000 - £30000 per annum, London
- Digital Senior Account Manager Twist Recruitment £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum, London