Downton stars join Morse and Poirot in ITV's Where Drama Lives
'Downton Abbey' actors such as Hugh Bonneville share the screen with iconic ITV characters 'Morse' and 'Poirot 'in the channel's campaign to promote its autumn and winter drama programmes.
The latest 'Where Drama Lives' creative, produced in-house at ITV, launches tonight and features actors from upcoming shows such as 'Downton Abbey', alongside characters from past classic ITV shows.
Bonneville, Joanna Froggatt and Jim Carter from 'Downton Abbey' appear, as well as Martin Clunes from 'Doc Martin' and Jeremy Piven, who plays 'Mr Selfridge' in the show of the same name.
Post-production techniques have been used to add in memorable past ITV characters, such as 'Morse', played by John Thaw and Hercule Poirot played by David Suchet.
The specially shot scenes also include characters from upcoming programmes 'The Suspicions of Mr Whicher' and 'Vera', as well as Helen Mirren in her role as DCI Jane Tennison in previous ITV programme 'Prime Suspect'.
The trail was directed by Siri Bunford and art directed by John Beard. Media buying was organised by Mindshare and ITV Media Planning.
Steve November, ITV director of drama, said the post-production additions celebrated ITV’s "rich heritage throughout the decades" as well as returning brands.
He added: "We’re pleased to work, and to have worked, with some of the best on- and off-screen talent in the industry, all of whom have helped to define ITV as a destination for fantastic, high-quality drama."
The 60-second cut of the trail will air tonight before 'Doc Martin' at 9pm on ITV, and across all channels in the ITV network. It will appear on other networks from tomorrow, with cinema, online and poster formats launching later in September.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Account Manager Twist Recruitment £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum, London
- Senior Digital Project Manager - £45-50K Source £45000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Head of Marketing Blemain Group Competitive plus bonus and benefits, North West
- Digital Senior Account Manager Twist Recruitment £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum, London
- Digital Marketing Analyst Better Placed Recruitment £45000 - £55000 per annum, East London