John Davidson joins Kinetic Worldwide as CCO
John Davidson, currently the head of trading at Starcom MediaVest Group (SMG), will leave the agency at the end of the year to join Kinetic Worldwide in the new role of chief commercial officer for the UK.
Davidson: will be replaced by John Baylon at Starcom MediaVest Group
Baylon, who is set to take the reins in January 2014, will form one third of a new senior team, supported by the trading operations directors, Ben Chester and Erica Taylor. The trio have 22 years' experience at SMG between them.
In his new role Baylon reports to Chris Locke, the director of trading at Starcom MediaVest Group. Chester and Taylor will report to Baylon.
SMG described the move as "a natural evolution" for its activation department, which is responsible for media buying for clients including Ford Retail Group, Heineken, Procter & Gamble, Samsung, Tetley and Yahoo!
Meanwhile, in his new role, Davidson will oversee trading, investment and all other commercial activity for out-of-home agency Kinetic UK. He will report to the UK chief executive, Stuart Taylor, who welcomed his "rare mix of broad media experience and blend of commercial acumen and creative thinking".
Taylor said: "There is so much opportunity in this dynamic sector right now and this appointment will add strength and depth to both our management team and to the vital relationships we have with our clients, vendors and our partner agencies."
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Comms Planning Director Lipton Fleming £45000.00 per annum + benefits, London
- Head of Membership Royal Pharmaceutical Society c. £55K, Lambeth, London (Please note we are relocating to 66-68 East Smithfield Street, E1W in 2015)
- Planner Direct Recruitment Up to 60k plus benefits, Central London
- Head of Business Development Lipton Fleming £50000.00 - £60000.00 per annum + Bonus , London
- EMEA Mobile Agency Manager (Mobile Ad Technology) Digital Gurus £45000 per annum + 90,000 OTE, London