Discovery Networks UK promotes 'stacked' Christmas schedule
Discovery Networks UK has launched an ad campaign to promote its Christmas programming, which will include a stack of the same show each day.
From Saturday (21 December) the Discovery Channel will show multiple episodes of the same programme each day until 1 January. Discovery will position its scheduling as an indulgent treat for its viewers and a chance for them to find new shows.
In an ad campaign by Discovery Central Creative Agency, which starts today, a choir sings about channel stars such as Bear Grylls and Ed Stafford, to the tune of 'Twelve Days of Christmas'.
The ad campaign will run across Discovery Networks UK’s channels, including Animal Planet and TLC as well as the main Discovery Channel.
Lee Healy, Alistair McGee and Hannah Smith were the creative team behind the "twelve days" film. Lee Healy also directed it and Alistair McGee also produced it. The creative director was Robin Garnett.
A second spot featuring the choir will promote the launch of the new series of ‘Fast N' Loud’, Discovery’s programme starring Texan mechanics Richard Rawlings and Aaron Kaufman doing up clapped out cars, on New Year’s Day.
Healy, McGee, Smith and Chris Clarkson also created the "fast 'n' loud" spot. It was directed and produced by Healy and McGee respectively with Garnett as the creative director.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Creative Artworker become £28K, Central London
- Online Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £25000 - £35000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Agency Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £23000 - £27000 per annum + Amazing benefits, London
- Agency Account Manager Ultimate Asset £27000 - £30000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Account Managers and Executives Needed Ultimate Asset £23000 - £25000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, London
- Commercial Head of Branded Content-Established Digital Business Ultimate Asset £65000 - £76000 per annum + bonus and huge benefits , London