Hearst to launch British Town & Country magazine
Hearst Magazines UK is launching Town & Country, the magazine that has chronicled the lives of the rich and powerful in the US for more than150 years, in the UK.
Justine Picardie: to lead the publication of British Town & Country in the UK
The luxury lifestyle magazine will launch in May, with a June issue, and will be run by the editorial and sales team from Hearst's fashion title Harper's Bazaar. The publisher will look to hire additional sales people.
The British Town & Country will be published twice a year, and will be led by Meribeth Parker, the group publishing director, and Justine Picardie, the Harpers Bazaar editor-in-chief.
Aimed at both men and women, the magazine will document the lives and interests of the rich and powerful, covering society, high fashion and high culture, with a "uniquely British sensibility".
It will aim to emulate the tone of the US Town & Country, which has been published since 1846.
The brand target advertisers from the fashion, beauty, jewellery, watches and accessories sectors, as well as new categories Hearst's luxury brands do not currently cater for, such as property, cars, personal finance, country and sporting pursuits, education and wealth management.
The British Town & Country will cover what Hearst calls the UK's "new establishment" and people who "give something back" through service, philanthropy or creativity. It names Stella McCartney, the Prince of Wales, Roman Abramovich and the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge as examples.
Picardie said: "Like Harper's Bazaar, Town & Country has been an ever-evolving arbiter of style and taste for generations. British Town & Country will have a unique voice that is celebratory yet also original and authoritative.
"It will offer its readers an intelligent interpretation of the meaning and manners of modern society, with sophisticated design, brilliant writing, literary panache and memorable photography."
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Business Development Manager Pure360 £20,000 - £25,000 depending on experience. £45k OTE uncapped, Brighton
- Comms Planning Manager PFJ £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum, London