RadioCentre hires HarperCollins UK's Siobhan Kenny as chief exec
RadioCentre has hired Siobhan Kenny, the group director of communications at HarperCollins UK and International, as its new chief executive, replacing Andrew Harrison.
Siobhan Kenny: joins RadioCentre
Kenny has been charged with "reinvigorating" the commercial radio industry's trade body, redefine its role as the industry becomes increasingly consolidated and to support the commercial radio industry as it develops.
Prior to being her six years at HarperCollins UK and International, Kenny held roles including a board member and director of strategy and communications at the Department of Culture, Media and Sport.
Between 1994 and 1999 Kenny worked in the Number 10 press office for prime ministers John Major and Tony Blair.
Since Harrison left the RadioCentre last year Linda Smith, the executive chairman of the Radio Advertising Bureau, has held the position in an interim capacity.
Stephen Miron, the group chief executive at Global, said: "To attract someone of Siobhan's calibre to the commercial radio sector is testament to the current strength of the industry.
"Siobhan brings a whole new perspective from a strong leadership background in politics, media and communications which will prove invaluable as we look to build and evolve the sector over the next few years connecting our distinctive brands with existing and new audiences."
Harrison left RadioCentre at the end of September 2013.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SHOPPER MARKETING ACCOUNT HANDLERS - London agencies - £38k-55k (perm & freelance) Judi Patton £28-£55k- plus bonus and benefits, London
- head of new business > #1 DIGITAL & CONTENT AGENCY collectivo £60k-£80k plus agency bens, Central London
- Account Director Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager - [Retail / Digital] - Superb agency! £35k - £39k Fill Recruitment Ltd £35k - £39k + bonus & benefits, Central London
- Marketing Manager - FMCG - London or Home counties Stonor £45,000 - £55,000 dependent on experience , London, Essex, Bucks or Oxon
- Creative Director The Marketing Practice Up to £120k dependant on experience , East Hendred, near to Didcot in Oxfordshire