Scottish Widows: watch the return of the hooded woman
Scottish Widows has returned to TV with a campaign featuring its iconic hooded woman, as the Lloyds Banking Group-owned pensions and investments provider looks forward to its 200th anniversary next year.
The campaign, created by 101, kicked off last night with a TV spot called "life feels better when you have a plan". The spot aims to address the shortfall between expectations and reality experienced by people who do not save enough money for their retirement.
Alongside the hooded woman, the ad stars real people from across the UK, including a fisherman in Hastings and a ballet teacher in East London, in a bid to demonstrate that people from all walks of life will feel better if they have planned for their retirement.
At 101, the creative director was Simon Schmitt, the copywriters were Augusto Sola and Philip Kitching and the art director was Tanya Holbrook. Leila and Damien de Blinkk directed the ad through Wanda Productions.
The campaign, which was planned and bought by MEC, also includes eight online films, outdoor, press, digital, other marketing materials, and media partnerships.
The creative framework for the new campaign and look was devised in collaboration with the creative engagement agency Rufus Leonard.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Digital Marketing Assistant - 6 Month Contract - Milton Keynes Ninesharp £9.50 - £10.50 per hour, Milton Keynes
- EMEA Digital Marketing Manager Ninesharp £40000 - £45000 per annum, Milton Keynes