Watch 'groundbreaking' Lego ad break by PHD
Lego fans took to Twitter last night to comment on an ad break made entirely of Lego that aired on ITV during 'Dancing on Ice' and was watched by more than five million people.
Ads from BT, Premier Inn and Confused.com were recreated in Lego for the break at 7.28pm, as was the award-winning "hard and fast" ad from The British Heart Foundation featuring Vinnie Jones.
The break, which was watched by more than five million viewers on ITV from 7.28pm, was created by media agency PHD for its client Warner Bros, to promote its upcoming film ‘The Lego Movie’.
The ad generated conversations on social media sites such as Twitter, as people reacted to the unusual break.
One viewer praised it as "groundbreaking", while another noted that it was "one of the rare moments I've purposely watched an ad break".
All the brands involved took part in the online conversation, including Confused.com’s mascot Brian the Robot, who has his own Twitter handle.
The full ad break was released on YouTube immediately after it aired on television, and has had nearly 140,000 views. It will also be shown in cinemas before 'The Lego Movie', but PHD said the TV airing would not be repeated and was a "one-off".
What did you think of the ad break? Comment below and let us know.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Planner - Internal Marketing Agency National Trust £36,000 - £44,000* per annum, Swindon, Wiltshire
- Campaign Planner - Internal Marketing Agency National Trust £27,916 - £32,500* per annum, Swindon, Wiltshire
- Assistant Marketing Strategy Manager Thorntons £Competitive + Benefits, Alfreton, Derbyshire
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £Excellent Salary Package , South East England / London (Greater)
- Innovation Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England