Campaign Viral Chart: Canadian gay rights ad takes aim at Sochi
An ad from the Canadian Institute for Diversity and Inclusion is the most-shared ad in the week that the Winter Olympic Games launched in Sochi.
Sochi 2014: Canadian diversity body ad claims top spot in the chart
The suggestive ad, created by Rethink, features two figures in Lycra rocking backwards and forwards in close proximity, preparing for the luge event.
Brands have come under fire from consumers and gay rights campaigners for continuing their support for the Games despite the discrimination of gay people in the country, such as a new law banning gay "propaganda" towards children.
Shared 286,278 times this week, the ad features the song 'Don't You Want Me' by The Human League and ends with the line, "The Games have always been a little gay. Let's keep them that way."
Top of the chart last week, Budweiser's "puppy love" Super Bowl ad falls into second place.
The ad, created by Anomaly, was shared 140,176 times this week and tells the story of a friendship between a puppy and a group of farm horses.
Coca-Cola's game day ad, created by Wieden & Kennedy Portland, also keeps its place in the chart with 42,098 shares. A Super Bowl ad for Maserati, the car brand, has entered the chart for the first time, two weeks after the game.
1. Canadian Institute Of Diversity And Inclusion "luge" by Rethink
286,278 shares this week
All time: 297,268 shares
2. Budweiser "puppy love" by Anomaly
140,176 shares this week
All time: 1,789,193 shares
3. Public Broadcast Service "the sign of four (or is it three?)" created in-house
114,478 shares this week
All time: 242,323 shares
4. Walking Dead "zombies prank NYC" by
66,184 shares this week
All time: 69,468 shares
5. GoPro "Red Bull stratos - the full story" created in-house
58,790 shares this week
All time: 388,430 shares
6. Maserati "ghibli - strike" by Wieden & Kennedy
42,732 shares this week
All time: 91,500 shares
7. Coca Cola "America is beautiful" by Wieden & Kennedy Portland
42,098 shares this week
All time: 222,800 shares
8. The North Face "Alex Honnold 5.12 big wall solo" created in-house
39,794 shares this week
All time: 39,794 shares
9. Volkswagen (Brazil) "have fun"
37,727 shares this week
All time: 37,727 shares
10. Radio Shack " #inwiththenew" by GSD&M
15,010 shares this week
All time: 114,782 shares
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Planner - Internal Marketing Agency National Trust £36,000 - £44,000* per annum, Swindon, Wiltshire
- Campaign Planner - Internal Marketing Agency National Trust £27,916 - £32,500* per annum, Swindon, Wiltshire
- Assistant Marketing Strategy Manager Thorntons £Competitive + Benefits, Alfreton, Derbyshire
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £Excellent Salary Package , South East England / London (Greater)
- Innovation Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England