FT backs FT Weekend with first TV ad
The Financial Times is launching its first TV ad to support its weekend edition, the FT Weekend, today.
The TV ad is part of a campaign, "experience a different world", that will also use cinema, radio, outdoor, print and digital media. It is designed to drive the newspaper’s new FT Weekend print subscription.
The campaign was developed in conjunction with Verbalisation, a strategic communications consultancy. The art director and creative director was JP Glas, the copywriter was Sven Hughes and design was by Kirstin Jenner.
Robin Rimbaud, the electronic musician who also works under the name Scanner, composed the music exclusively for the TV ad.
Catherine Newman, the global director of brand and B2B marketing at the FT, said: "The ‘Experience a different world’ campaign is about developing a separate brand identity for FT Weekend that complements the master brand.
"Just like our weekday audience, FT Weekend readers recognise difference to be an advantage, and they are just as influential and driven. On weekdays, our readers seek the advantage that comes from the FT’s business intelligence, and at the weekend, they are attracted to our unique view on life, arts and culture."
Two press ads show the profile of a woman's face merging with either books or an Anish Kapoor art work, 'Tall Tree & The Eye', 2009. The copy on the press ads says: "Life. Arts. Culture. Read beyond the expected."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £70,000 - £75,000 per annum, London
- Category Manager - Herbs, Spices & Ready Mixes McCormick Ltd £ Competitive + Benefits , Haddenham, Aylesbury
- Account Director The Great & The Good £45000 - £50000 per annum, West End