FT backs FT Weekend with first TV ad
The Financial Times is launching its first TV ad to support its weekend edition, the FT Weekend, today.
The TV ad is part of a campaign, "experience a different world", that will also use cinema, radio, outdoor, print and digital media. It is designed to drive the newspaper’s new FT Weekend print subscription.
The campaign was developed in conjunction with Verbalisation, a strategic communications consultancy. The art director and creative director was JP Glas, the copywriter was Sven Hughes and design was by Kirstin Jenner.
Robin Rimbaud, the electronic musician who also works under the name Scanner, composed the music exclusively for the TV ad.
Catherine Newman, the global director of brand and B2B marketing at the FT, said: "The ‘Experience a different world’ campaign is about developing a separate brand identity for FT Weekend that complements the master brand.
"Just like our weekday audience, FT Weekend readers recognise difference to be an advantage, and they are just as influential and driven. On weekdays, our readers seek the advantage that comes from the FT’s business intelligence, and at the weekend, they are attracted to our unique view on life, arts and culture."
Two press ads show the profile of a woman's face merging with either books or an Anish Kapoor art work, 'Tall Tree & The Eye', 2009. The copy on the press ads says: "Life. Arts. Culture. Read beyond the expected."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SENIOR ADVERTISING MANAGER (MATERNITY COVER) notonthehighstreet.com Competitive , Richmond
- Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...