Yahoo makes first Summly-based app available in the UK
Yahoo News Digest, the product developed by the Summly founder Nick D'Aloisio, has been launched in the UK.
Yahoo News Digest: launches in the UK
The app provides users with a summary of the top news stories twice a day and is the project D’Aloisio has been working on since he sold his own summarizing app Summly to Yahoo for an estimated £18 million in 2013.
The app uses an algorithm to put together summaries of key news stories, along with essential bits of information about them, assembled using multiple sources across the web.
D’Aloisio, who is now a product manager at Yahoo, said in a blog post: "Remember waking up to the local morning news? Coming home to the evening news? Reading a newspaper from front to back page?
"Getting the day's news like this has been a daily habit since the invention of the printing press. We wanted Yahoo News Digest to bring back that sense of completion and conclusiveness, much like reading the newspaper did."
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Commercial Market Analyst UCAS c.£35,000 , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Creative Production Controller (Maternity Cover) Asthma UK £34,361 - £36,169, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Marketing Brand Manager Clipper Ventures Circa £40k - dependent on experience, South East England / South West England / Gosport, Hampshire
- Senior Product Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (City of), London (Greater)
- Customer Insight Manager Tottenham Hotspur Between £40,000-£45,000 per annum + benefits (dependant on experience), London (North), London (Greater)
- Sponsorship Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)