Financial Times opens global commercial academy for staff
The Financial Times has launched its FT Global Commercial Academy (GCA) today, a learning and development programme for staff ahead of its move into a single-edition, global print product in the second quarter of 2014.
Financial Times: opens the FT Global Commercial Academy
The FT's GCA will provide almost 180 commercial staff the latest insight and skills in digital advertising and development, from a range of in-house and external experts.
The academy is being orchestrated by Lauren Henderson, global head of learning and development at the FT.
The curriculum will include tailored programmes on the advertising industry and emerging products that benefit both media owners and advertisers.
The training is part of the FT's plans to publish one single, global print edition in the next quarter.
Rather than having regional heads, the teams will be organised around six disciplines – B2C, B2B, trading, career management, education and emerging markets. All report to Dominic Good, who has been promoted to global sales director.
Jon Slade, the FT's commercial director of global digital advertising and insight, said: "The FT continues to lead innovation in advertising with products such as FT Smart Match, and we take every possible measure to offer clients the most valuable proposition.
"With an increased focus on content-based advertising, programmatic trading and HTML5 formats for mobile, the Global Commercial Academy is a vital part of our strategy. It will ensure our team remains at the forefront of developments in advertising."Follow @DurraniMix
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Marketing Manager Ibiza Rocks Salary: £30K-34K DOE, Based in London head office
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Senior Designer Gabriele Skelton Ã‚£40000 per annum, City of London
- Creative Director, PR Agency, London Office + Great Benefits Fleishman-Hillard Up to £100,000, dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)