Podcast: scrap radio's digital switchover plan says Orion Media executive
The debate around a radio digital switchover date should be dropped for at least ten years while the industry focuses on content and innovation, says Phil Riley, chief executive of Orion Media.
Radio's future: proposed digital switchover discussed at Westminster media forum
Speaking at the Westminster media forum on the future of radio, Riley debated with Ford Ennals, the chief executive at Digital Radio UK. Issues raised included the proposed shut down of FM, the rollout of DAB2 and cross-platform commercial opportunities for advertisers.
A condensed report on the seminar is available above as an audio podcast. Key interviews from the day include Simon Redican, managing director at the RAB; Tony Moorey, content director at Absolute Radio; Phil Critchlow, founder and director, TBI Media and chair of the Radio Independents Group, as well as Steve Parkinson, managing director at Bauer Radio London.
Jamie Rowland, a recent radio MA graduate produced the report and gives his views on the future of radio and why he is attracted to the industry as it evolves to harness an increasingly digital future.
Podcast edited and co-produced by Jamie Rowland: email@example.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Marketing & Communications Executive AF Selection Up to £25,000, Derbyshire
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Senior Designer Gabriele Skelton Ã‚£40000 per annum, City of London
- Creative Director, PR Agency, London Office + Great Benefits Fleishman-Hillard Up to £100,000, dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)