Future merges central and digital agency teams
Future, the publisher of T3, Simply Knitting and Total Guitar, has restructured its senior advertising team to combine its central agency line-up and digital agency team into a single unit.
Stuart Staves: to lead the combined central agency ad unit at Future
The combined central agency unit will be led by Stuart Staves, formerly the advertising director for Future's technology group which includes its TechRadar, T3 and Gizmodo UK brands.
Rob Elms, the head of the standalone central agency unit, takes on the new role of head of trading, while Gerson Barnett, the head of the digital agency team, has been appointed to the new role of head of third-party revenues and programmatic.
All three will report to James Ranson, the director of advertising sales at Future.
Future is currently recruiting to fill the vacancy left by Staves moving from the technology group.
Prior to joining Future, Staves worked at Haymarket Media Group, where he headed up Haymarket's London 2012 official media programme, working across a variety of cross-platform campaigns.
Elms joined Future five years ago and has run sales teams across the publisher's portfolio. He previously worked at agencies including MEC and MediaCom on clients from the former COI to Heineken.
Barnett was the head of digital sales at Telegraph Media Group before he moved to Future as the advertising director of the publisher’s sport group and then became the digital sales director.
The remainder of Future's sales offering remains in client brand-based teams or NGIN, a content marketing commercial unit created in November 2013.
Future claims its digital commercial business is growing rapidly, and online revenue was more than 50 per cent of its total in the last financial year.
Ranson said: "Over the next 12 to 24 months, the way that digital media is traded will continue to evolve and we must have experienced, talented people representing our business in the right places in order to capitalise on its continued growth.
"These changes mark a strategic retooling of the senior ad team at Future to better service our agency partners. Increasingly, agencies and clients want access to high value audiences of interest."
Future claims that its brands reach more than 13 million unique users a month online in the UK.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- SENIOR ADVERTISING MANAGER (MATERNITY COVER) notonthehighstreet.com Competitive , Richmond
- Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London