Wunderman replaces OgilvyOne on News UK
OgilvyOne has lost the News UK business to its sister WPP agency Wunderman.
The Sun: Wunderman link
The account, which was awarded to OgilvyOne, Grey, M/SIX and the behaviour science specialist #Ogilvychange in a closed WPP pitch process in April 2012, is centralised in a dedicated multidisciplinary business unit called Team News.
However, Wunderman has replaced OgilvyOne as the agency in charge of direct marketing. None of the other agencies on the Team News roster has been replaced.
Sources said that one of the reasons for the change was that Wunderman had worked with News UK on a social media project around the launch of Sun+, the success of which led to it being handed the whole account.
Richard Dunn, who joined Wunderman as its chief strategy officer last year, worked on News UK when he was at Partners Andrews Aldridge.
It is understood that his appointment also played a part in the move.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Data Journalist PRISM Highly Competitive, London
- Head of New Media Department for Work and Pensions Salary £60,030 to £72,880., Westminster
- Shopper Insights Manager PepsiCo negotiable, Theale
- CMI Director Ball & Hoolahan £95,000 + Car/Car Allowance , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Diageo Great reward package for great talent, Amsterdam / Dublin / Madrid / London (Greater)
- Assistant Marketing Strategy Manager Thorntons £Competitive + Benefits, Alfreton, Derbyshire