Group M wins Vodafone's £600m media account
Vodafone has awarded its estimated £600 million global media planning and buying account to Group M's MEC, with the UK account being run through a 'Team Red Media' unit.
Vodafone: the wait by Grey London
MEC and 'Team Red Media', which is made up of resources from Group M's agencies, beat the Denstu Aegis Network in the final stage of the pitch.
Omnicom’s OMD was the incumbent on the global business, but was knocked out of the review process in March. Vodafone also works with local media agencies in some markets.
In the UK, Vodafone spent £47.4 million on media in the year to 30 September 2012.
Vodafone retained OMD to the global media planning and buying account, after a review, in August 2009, when the business was thought to be worth £800 million.
When the pitch was revealed in January, a spokesman for Vodafone said the review was "in keeping with good corporate practice, and following the advancements in the media and digital landscape."
OMD had worked with Vodafone for 17 years, except for a six-month period in 2009.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Marketing Manager Ibiza Rocks Salary: £30K-34K DOE, Based in London head office
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Senior Designer Gabriele Skelton Ã‚£40000 per annum, City of London
- Creative Director, PR Agency, London Office + Great Benefits Fleishman-Hillard Up to £100,000, dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)