Homebase inks three-year Sky IQ deal for customer insight
Homebase has signed a three-year deal with BSkyB's customer intelligence arm Sky IQ.
Homebase: retailer signs long-term deal with Sky IQ
The retailer has previously worked with Sky IQ, but on a pilot project. It has now signed a long-term deal, to boost its understanding of the television viewing and shopping habits of its customers.
Last year, Becky Brock, then brand controller at Homebase, told an audience at Media360 that she was expecting a five per cent sales uplift by using Sky IQ data, in conjunction with information from customer loyalty company Nectar.
During the pilot project with Homebase, Sky IQ recorded that 39 per cent of Homebase customers are also Sky subscribers, and of the 500,000 subscribers on Sky IQ's viewing panel, 189,556 were Homebase customers.
Results from the pilot found that people are more likely to shop with Homebase if they have seen a Homebase ad.
This was significant in three particular customer groups, who were 26 per cent more likely to shop with Homebase than other target segments if they had seen the advertising.
Jo Kenrick, marketing director at Homebase, said: "Our new advertising campaign has been well received by customers, but it is vital to ensure the media budget behind it is effectively deployed. We want to reach those customers who are most responsive and likely to shop.
"Sky IQ enables us to do just that and we are very excited to combine what we know from Nectar data with new information that will help us be more relevant to home enhancers."
Sky IQ will work with Homebase media agency Mindshare. The WPP agency and Homebase have already implemented changes in their advertising strategy following the successful pilot last year with the broadcaster.
Stuart Johnston, deputy managing director, Sky IQ, said: "This is a significant step forward not only for us, but for the industry as a whole. Homebase and Mindshare will be leading the field in using our viewing panel and insight at such a large scale, giving them unprecedented insight into the purchase behaviour of customers."
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Digital Creative Manager UCAS £comp + 25-days leave, flexible benefits and other fringe benefits, including Xmas closure , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Senior Fundraising Development Officer Comic Relief From £35,000pa, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Operations Manager Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £55,000 + Bonus, North London
- Consumer Activation Controller Mast-Jaegermeister UK Limited Salary depending on experience. Additional bonus, pension, BUPA, life assurance, 25 days' holiday., Camberley, Surrey
- PR Manager AF Selection £25,000 - £35,000 + Benefits, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)