Twitter poaches PHD's David Wilding to be its first planning director
David Wilding, the head of planning at PHD UK, has been hired by Twitter as the social network's first UK planning director.
David Wilding: joins Twitter as its first UK planning director
Wilding has led planning at the Omnicom media agency PHD for five years, and was behind innovations such as the Lego ad break in February this year, which saw Lego versions of four ads take over an ITV commercial break.
He does not have an agreed start date at Twitter, but is understood to have a six-month notice period at PHD.
In the new role at Twitter, Wilding will work with brands and agencies on how Twitter fits into their marketing plans.
Before joining PHD in June 2009, Wilding was the strategy director at Mindshare for three years. Prior to this, he was a business director for five years, also at Mindshare.
Wilding has frequently featured in Campaign’s top ten media planners in The Annual edition, including in 2013, when he was placed at number two and described as "widely admired in the industry for his strategic thinking".
Twitter confirmed the hire, but declined to comment further. It has been growing its UK team as it sees the region as a key market.
Wilding said: "I've had a brilliant time at PHD for the last five years with amazing people. But the opportunity to work for a product I love, in a great culture, was too good to turn down. I'm very excited."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Digital Creative Manager UCAS £comp + 25-days leave, flexible benefits and other fringe benefits, including Xmas closure , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Senior Fundraising Development Officer Comic Relief From £35,000pa, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Operations Manager Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £55,000 + Bonus, North London
- Consumer Activation Controller Mast-Jaegermeister UK Limited Salary depending on experience. Additional bonus, pension, BUPA, life assurance, 25 days' holiday., Camberley, Surrey
- PR Manager AF Selection £25,000 - £35,000 + Benefits, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)