Critical Mass' Campbell takes creative role at Guardian Labs
Guardian Labs has hired the Critical Mass executive creative director, Alistair Campbell, to be its first creative director.
Campbell (l): will develop big ideas for brands alongside Watkins
When he starts in July, Campbell will lead the development of big, bold ideas for brands that live across The Guardian’s media platforms.
Guardian Labs was established in February to better-enable long-term, high-value commercial partnerships.
Campbell will work with Guardian Labs and the wider Guardian business to create branded content solutions and develop multimillion-pound initiatives, including the Live Better Challenge with Unilever and GuardianWitness, the editorial partnership with EE.
Before Critical Mass, Campbell was the executive creative director at Agency Republic. The two shops merged in January.
Campbell was also previously a digital creative director at WCRS and a copy- writer at St Luke’s.
Anna Watkins, the managing director of Guardian Labs, said: "We couldn’t resist Alistair, who has won a cupboard full of awards and is known for his daring and compelling ideas – and, what’s more, comes with a down-to-earth Manc charm."
Campbell said: "A chance to work for a company as pioneering as The Guardian doesn’t come along all that often – I grabbed it with both hands."
Creative solutions is a major growth area for publishers and most agencies are expanding their sponsorship and partnership divisions.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Fundraising Development Officer Comic Relief From £35,000pa, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Digital Creative Manager UCAS £comp + 25-days leave, flexible benefits and other fringe benefits, including Xmas closure , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Digital Media Manager Save the Children £37,000 + Benefits, London (Greater)
- Consumer Activation Controller Mast-Jaegermeister UK Limited Salary depending on experience. Additional bonus, pension, BUPA, life assurance, 25 days' holiday., Camberley, Surrey
- PR Manager AF Selection £25,000 - £35,000 + Benefits, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)