UK gets just two entries in Radio Lions shortlist
UK creative agencies have just two entries in the Radio Lions shortlist at this year's Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity, down from 12 in 2013.
Radio Lions: two UK creative agencies feature on this year's shortlist
Ogilvy & Mather London is nominated for its "beach" work for Unilever’s Dove brand.
The only other UK entry is Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R for "nature" its work for the BBC during the Winter Olympics.
The Radio Advertising Bureau has tried to improve the level of creativity in UK radio advertising over the past few years and this year’s shortlist falls well short of last year’s 12 nominations (and ten Lions) and 2012’s 21 shortlisted entries.
Clare Bowen, the head of creative development at the RAB, said: "The drop in nominations is a surprise because we can hear that creative standards on UK radio are improving, but there's some exceptionally tough international competition this year.
"Huge congratulations to Ogilvy and RKCR for their nominations."
This year, South Africa leads the field with 30 nominations for Radio Lions, followed by Australia with 12 nominations and United Arab Emirates with 11.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Digital & Social - Dublin / London The Great & The Good In the region of £60,000 - £65,000 per annum, Dublin
- Commercial Manager Business Centric Services Group Up to £45,000 per annum + benefits, Old Street
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)