Virgin Media owner Liberty Global calls £150 million pan-Euro media review
Liberty Global is calling a review of its £150 million pan-European media planning account, following its purchase of Virgin Media in the UK.
Virgin Media: owner Liberty Global calls review
The pan-European media pitch includes Liberty Global’s 12 markets in the region, including the UK, and all consumer brands, which include Virgin Media, UPC, Unitymedia, Kabel BW, Telenet and VTR.
The brands' combined spend is estimated to be around of £150 million.
Virgin Media Television hired Goodstuff and Manning Gottlieb OMD to share its £5 million account in 2008. Virgin Media Television was later sold to BSkyB.
A Liberty Global spokeswoman said: "Following Liberty Global’s successful acquisitions, we are looking to deliver ambitious integration targets at strategic, operational and financial level.
"Media is a significant investment area. Accordingly, we have decided to undertake a European media agency pitch in order to achieve greater effectiveness and efficiencies across the combined Liberty Global group."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Data Journalist PRISM Highly Competitive, London
- Head of New Media Department for Work and Pensions Salary £60,030 to £72,880., Westminster
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 per annum, London (Greater)
- Shopper Insights Manager PepsiCo negotiable, Theale
- CMI Director Ball & Hoolahan £95,000 + Car/Car Allowance , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Assistant Marketing Strategy Manager Thorntons £Competitive + Benefits, Alfreton, Derbyshire