Watch UKTV's silly idents for comedy channel Gold
Gold, the UKTV comedy channel, will reveal a brand refresh tomorrow, including new idents featuring a giant rubber duck, a balloon dog and some toy seals.
The latest approach uses film for Gold’s indents, rather than the current animated footage, and a logo in the shape of a gold flag.
The brand agency DixonBaxi designed the new look, after being given a brief to reflect the emotions that viewers feel when watching comedy.
The refreshed brand identity is aimed to appeal to a broad audience who are fans of British comedy, according to Steve North, the general manager for Gold.
He said: "This is a great step change for Gold, which has had a stellar year so far, [with share of viewing] growing by five per cent.
"The updated brand identity epitomises the programme schedule and reflects Gold’s remit to appeal to a broad audience who love the best British comedy shows ever made, as well as new originations such as ‘Porridge: Inside Out’, and the highly anticipated broadcast of the last ever Monty Python Show live from the 02."
The change will appear on air from tomorrow.
UKTV claims to attract more than 42 million viewers per month. Its other channels include Dave, Alibi, Yesterday, Drama and Really.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Brand Manager Clipper Ventures Circa £40k - dependent on experience, South East England / South West England / Gosport, Hampshire
- Senior Digital Executive Innesco £20k-26k, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (City of), London (Greater)
- Creative Production Controller (Maternity Cover) Asthma UK £34,361 - £36,169, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Commercial Market Analyst UCAS c.£35,000 , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Senior Product Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (City of), London (Greater)
- Customer Insight Manager Tottenham Hotspur Between £40,000-£45,000 per annum + benefits (dependant on experience), London (North), London (Greater)