Things we like: Downton Abbey/WaterAid tie-up
The inclusion of a plastic bottle of water in the publicity shots for the new series of ITV's Downton Abbey sent social media into overdrive.
But the subsequent decision by the cast of the series to pose with bottles of water to promote WaterAid was a neat and clever response and hopefully will have raised awareness of the charity almost as much as the original blunder.
BSkyB and BBC committing to diversity
Surely it can’t be the fact that the Guardian Edinburgh International Television Festival starts this weekend that has prompted BSkyB to follow the BBC’s lead and commit to a greater representation of people from an ethnic-minority background on our screens? Either way, something that is representative of modern society is surely a good thing – as well as making smart business sense given that this is also the face of its audience.
Royal Marines Commando School
Channel 4 has seemed a barren land for original and distinctive UK-originated content of late, but it seems fair to doff caps (or berets) to its Royal Marines Commando School series. A gripping, sympathetic but unsentimental fly-on-the-wall documentary following raw recruits at the Marines’ training base, it shows people from a variety of backgrounds trying to get their green beret.
And one thing we don’t…
Jonathan Ross returning to Radio 2
We still haven’t managed to erase the memory of Jonathan Ross’ execrable performance in that Jonathan Ross Show/Guinness tie-up so weren’t exactly thrilled to hear that he’s making a return to BBC radio. Given his history of insulting pensioners or apparent willingness to do anything for money, we wonder what cheap tricks he’ll have up his sleeve this time.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Fundraising Development Officer Comic Relief From £35,000pa, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Digital Creative Manager UCAS £comp + 25-days leave, flexible benefits and other fringe benefits, including Xmas closure , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Digital Media Manager Save the Children £37,000 + Benefits, London (Greater)
- Consumer Activation Controller Mast-Jaegermeister UK Limited Salary depending on experience. Additional bonus, pension, BUPA, life assurance, 25 days' holiday., Camberley, Surrey
- PR Manager AF Selection £25,000 - £35,000 + Benefits, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)