Mobile marketing & media news
1. Mark Collins Collins remains the industry s most significant media buyer following the collapse of the Publicis/Omnicom merger. The Group M operation that he spearheads still controls at least a third of all the UK s trackable media spend. He st...
Auto Trader, the marketplace for new and used cars, is launching a £6.5 million TV campaign on Boxing Day, drawing on the different ways people look for their perfect car.
BT Group has entered into exclusive talks to buy EE from the European mobile operators Deutsche Telekom and Orange for £12.5 billion.
After rolling out a series of tools to collaborate with agencies better and focusing on its video ad offering, the world's biggest social network became a grown-up advertising medium in 2014.
In a sea of change, 2014 has been a tipping point for nascent publishing business Buzzfeed, says vice president of Europe, Will Hayward.
Tablets, led by Apple's iPad, Samsung's Galaxy and Google's Nexus, are set to overtake laptops as the UK's most popular place to watch television and films after main TV sets, according to research from Thinkbox.
ZenithOptimedia has forecast the UK's measured advertising expenditure increased 5 per cent in 2014, and is set to grow a further 6 per cent in 2015.
The BBC has expanded plans to review its £5 million media account to include the planning and buying business for BBC Orchestras, BBC Worldwide, World Service and Global News.
The Financial Times has internally announced commercial director Jon Slade will become managing director of its business to consumer operations.
Snapchat, the mobile app that lets users share photos and videos, allowed advertising on its Our Story feature for the first time over the weekend.
More than 550 leaders from media agencies, media owners and advertisers celebrated creativity in the media business at the Campaign Media Awards, held at the London Hilton on Wednesday 19 October.
The rise of online video is only set to continue as it is inherently easier to sell than copy alone, says Bill Day, chief executive of Tremor Video as he discusses the future of TV vs video advertising
Tesco Clubcard has launched a Twitter campaign that helps Christmas shoppers find gifts that "won't break the bank".
The Brand Republic Digital Awards 2015 are officially open for entries and feature four new categories: Content Marketing; Best Use of Data in a Marketing Campaign; Digital Out of Home and International.
Marketing is in a golden age of content creation. Apps are smarter, devices are more powerful and people have unlocked their dormant storytelling capabilities through a world littered with creative platforms. We re moving into the era of polished c...
Agency trading desks remain an issue for many clients, but are their fears misplaced? Arif Durrani investigates.
It wasn't so long ago that James Connelly was cold-calling potential clients from the directory. Now he is celebrating the big-money sale of his business, Fetch, to Dentsu Aegis Network. Arif Durrani reports
Who would have thought we'd all be talking about the arrival of a flightless bird native to Antarctica in the run-up to Christmas 2014?
Yahoo is to acquire BrightRoll, the programmatic video advertising platform, for $640 million (£402.7 million) in cash.
Channel 5 helped the MTV Europe Music Awards (EMAs) attract its highest TV audience of more than 2.3 million in the UK on Sunday for the event's 20th anniversary.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Marketing & Communications Executive AF Selection Up to £25,000, Derbyshire
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Senior Designer Gabriele Skelton Ã‚£40000 per annum, City of London
- Creative Director, PR Agency, London Office + Great Benefits Fleishman-Hillard Up to £100,000, dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)