Newspaper news & analysis
The people I know in the UK media business have little time for the terms "native advertising" or "organic reach". Native is dismissed as the new advertorial and organic is most often confined to an SEO and social context only. However, I believe the...
It's early days, but teething problems at London Live don't bode well for Jeremy Hunt's brainchild. By David Benady.
Anjelica Huston and other celebrities known for having a comfortable and unique style form the backbone of Gap's autumn campaign.
Things we like: Collaboration between Hearst and Global and The Sun and Google, and free Wi-Fi on buses
Some things in the media business we liked in the week up to 15 August, and one thing we didn't...
The channel says a repositioning will boost viewing figures that have been held back by Barb's system.
We catch up with Jerry Wright, chief executive of ABC, as he oversees the Consumer Magazine Report and makes his guest cricketing debut as MediaTel take on Kantar.
Paddy Power's "mass debater" ad that was published ahead of the TV debates between Nigel Farage and Nick Clegg has escaped censure, despite claims its allusions to masturbation were offensive.
Johnston Press, the owner of The Scotsman and the Yorkshire Post, has appointed John Bills, currently the acting group managing director, to the role on a permanent basis.
Adam & Eve/DDB has created a tactical ad for VW following this week's news that an elephant had used a Polo model to ease its sexual frustration.
All national newspapers have lost circulation in the last year, but the most resilient has been News UK's paywalled The Times, according to figures from the Audit Bureau of Circulations.
The Advertising Standards Authority has rapped the Inverness City Advertiser (ICA) for implying illegal drug use in an email mailer for its website Whatsonhighlands.com.
The shortlist for October's Media Week Awards 2014 can now be revealed, and following more competition and entries than ever before, all the companies to have made the cut have reason to celebrate.
The New York Times ran its first ever ad for a marijuana-related product yesterday - a full-page advertisement for Leafly, an app that provides information on medical marijuana dispensaries.
News the former permanent secretary for government comms, Matt Tee, has been appointed as the first chief executive of the new media regulator, IPSO, has met with a mixed reaction.
This year's Media Week Awards have attracted a record number of 563 entries from the UK's most innovative media companies.
This week, Jon Slade, commercial director, global digital advertising and insight, Financial Times, readies the FT's new attention-based CPM alternative - engaged time.
Lori Cunningham, director of digital revenues at Telegraph Media Group, is believed to be another high-profile departure at the publisher.
Mike Buckley, the head of agency sales at Microsoft, is joining Telegraph Media Group as its digital commercial director.
Trinity Mirror has reported "good progression" in its half-yearly results today, with digital revenues rising nearly 50% and falls in print ads slowing.
Growth in digital ad revenues at Mail Online more than offset falls at the Daily Mail and Mail on Sunday newspapers in the last quarter, generating a third of the newsbrand's ad revenues at £15m.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Digital Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £52,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Business Development Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Digital Acquisition Manager - Leading Online Biz GoodEgg Digital £70k + Bonus and Benefits, United Kingdom / England / North West England / Lancashire / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Search Marketing Manager - International Markets Search Laboratory £24,000 - £30,000 per annum + benefits , Yorkshire and the Humber / North Yorkshire / West Yorkshire / Harrogate, North Yorkshire / Leeds,...
- Marketing Communications Senior Manager Lloyd's of London Competitive salary and benefits package , London (City of), London (Greater)